9 facts about pizza
One word "pizza" makes almost anyone smile. It exists a huge diversity: with a thick and thin pastry filled with cheese, salami, sausage, peppers, mushrooms, greens, chicken, sea food. This list is very long. But the fact remains - the pizza belongs to the category of our favorite foods.
Further, we are presenting a nine facts about pizza. Some maybe you did not guess.
1. Since 1987, October is officially National Pizza month in the U.S..
2. Approximately three billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. annually. Plus one billion frozen food.
3. The industry produces pizzas to $ 30 billion in the U.S. alone.
4. Pizzerias make up 17 percent of all restaurants.
5. Seventy percent of people eat pizza at least once a month.
6. Women are twice as likely to order a vegetarian pizza.
7. Approximately 36 percent of all pizzas contain sausage.
8. The first known pizzeria. Pizzeria - Antica, opened in Naples (Italy) in 1738.
9. According to reports of the book Guinness record for cooking the biggest round of pizza was set at Norwood supermarket in South Africa in 1990. Giant pizza weighed 26,883 pounds, and contained 9920 pounds of flour, 3,968 pounds of cheese, and 1984 pounds of sauce.
Contact: [email protected]